Friday, March 5, 2010

foot notes

I was wandering through the main road of Kalamboli, weighed down by the weekly stock of chicken, fish and vegetables. And, as always, I marvelled with glee at the variety of anklets and toe rings and shades of nail polish on other women's feet.

I am wierd that way, liking people for their hands and feet and, sometimes, judging them too harshly for their hands and feet or choice of nail paint! But, I can't help it if the sun is up and it helps to keep your head down and walk.



But, that day, I was feeling tired in spirit and wearied minds make you a wee bit reckless. So, I walked in the nearest silver shop and asked the teenager lighting agarbattis (incense stcks) if they were open.

I bought the first pair I laid my eyes on because it soon became evident that there really was not much choice. aren't they a dainty pair?



Though, I must add, I so wished I had stocked up on all those quirky toe-rings, enamelled and bejewelled, and especially the ones with jhoomars and little bells!! I regret those times I shook my head saying they're not my style :(

But, now I can be on the look out for the jhattak and mast styles. Oh! am dying for a walk through Hill Road or Colaba Causeway!!

... and, mere haseen feet ka secret ...



Ahem! Just in case, this feet-fetish-phase of my life ends too soon, there'll always be a place for these simple beauties in my life forever :)




PS
...all this drama over a pair of toe-rings??

7 comments:

arundati said...

loved this post and lovely pictures as always.... you have such pretty feet....as for me, i go through phases of wanting and wearing and then not wanting and not wearing toe rings

Srivilasica said...

They look wonderful on your feet Shilpa! It is not them, it is your feet!

mermaid gallery said...

You DO have beautiful feet...and that is a must for wearing toe rings. I love them too. They are so exotic. Love hot weather too and that is what you need for wearing toe rings. soon.....

Shalini said...

Hello miss pretty feet! You picked a really nice pair, it's modern and traditional at the same time.

I can never wear toe rings...just feels too awkward, like those split-toe socks. I end up just twiddling my toes to get them off :-(

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

loved the feet fetish...

Shilpa said...

thank you all!

hope you all had a wonderful "women's day." :)

Unknown said...

Hello Shilpa,

I really like the lovely picture of your feet and toe rings. Your blog is very nice too. Just loved you writing style.

Regards,
Indrani.
(indranikona@yahoo.co.in)