Wednesday, September 22, 2010

the blackster

Its been four nights that the husband is away and the blackster takes his place as leader of the pack very seriously indeed. But, now, I am able to sleep through the barking bouts hardened as I am to sleep well in between bouts of crying, feeds, nappy changes and colic!

But, tonight he is friskier. Pawing me (the rascal) and pulling off my light quilt, whenever I don’t shush him. I tip toe around the bedroom, the living room and back. There is enough water in his bowl, the bathroom doors are left ajar for when he needs to go, and surprisingly, the other residents are fast asleep.

Back in the bedroom again, I find the floor cold. That is it. I had forgotten to put back his rug, after the evening mop-up. The poor doggie! Not that he needs its warmth… I spread the rug, but with one jump he has it all scrunched up.

A warm growl and two grunts later, he is all settled and blissfully chewing an end of his rug, both eyes on me as I try to find me some space between the kids who are now all arms and poky knees on the bed.

such moments are few and far-between
****
Morning's are a mad rush to catch the school bus. SInce the arrival of the blackster, it is a riot after 7.00 am, when the son is also woken up. FIrst, the pet shows his love to his human siblings, usually resulting in glasses of milk knocked from tiny hands by an exuberantly wagging and strong tail.

If only that were the end of it, the puppy hates that no one pays much attention to him and so tries to be cute by running away with the hair brush or a school shoe or socks or something vitally necessary at that point of time... and he knows exactly what to pick so that he can have me screaming or one of the kid's in tears.

So, dearest Blackie is now locked up and remains so until the kids are almost halfway to school and I saunter back home after a short chat with other mommas. Signing off with pictures of the petulant blackster, who this morning sat on my lap on our couch for at least five minutes licking, sniffing, chewing on me. Then, probably satisfied, that he was now the centre of attention till afternoon he walked away to his spot under the dining table.

My creation


PS
pictures courtesy Harish, my husband and sounding board, who is doing a really good job of documenting our life on the camera :)

8 comments:

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

loved it a lot dear.nice images harish...

Shilpa said...

thank you :)

Shalini said...

Lovely shots, and I can imagine the entire scene. What fun to have a puppy in the house, although I couldn't do it.

Your hubby's a good photographer and you're very photogenic, so it all works out very well. I wanted to mention in your other post too about the photos...especially the one with all of you in it and you on the couch.

Shilpa said...

Fun? Fun??
acha, so you did not read what I wrote :D

I only publish pictures of me taken by him cos he can make look good... thank you :)

Shalini said...

Lol, fun for everyone else except those actually involved :-))

That's what I feel about the pics that my father takes of me. My hubby hates taking pics...I thought it was only because of my little camera but now even with the bigger one he just doesn't care at all for it.

Shilpa said...

lol, and my hubby hates my lack of technical finesse in photography and hence, prefers to take pictures himself, and properly so :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! My daughter would do anything to join you and your family..

What lovely photographs... Your hubby is an excellent photographer.. and you look lovely!!

Shilpa said...

thank you!

we can easily accomodate your daughter and her friend and her friend, too!!