Friday, October 1, 2010

the first time

Hello October and autumn and all that comes with it. While everyone's thoughts are on nesting, my feet are itching to travel and do something different, not radically, but something out of my restraining routine. Easier said than done!

But, this Friday morning, in stead of visitng the local market for fish and vegetables, my neighbour and I took a "sharing-auto" as it is called in these parts to the next station, Panvel... and walked down to the market there and bought our weekly stock.

IMG_0308

It was my first time in such a rickshaw and I'm glad I did it on the first of the month. For me, it was as exciting as the rides in similar rickshaws in Thailand.

IMG_0307

And, I have a good mind to try something new for the first time on the first of every month!

3 comments:

shilpa said...

That's very inspiring. Mind if I join you every first of the month? Not every month,but most? Or maybe one new thing a month? Oh, I'm excited!

shilpa said...

This morning I read this "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."

And now your post. Something to chew about.

Shilpa said...

it is a sign, Shilpa!

it really would be exciting to have a friend on board, the more the merrier always... and, hey, its just this life and these days and tomorrow they're gone.

hee hee, let's hope we do not forget it by the end of the month :D